THG Winter/Spring Intern
The Herald Group is searching for a highly motivated, career-oriented individual looking to gain hands on knowledge of public affairs and strategic communications through our internship program.
The intern should possess excellent interpersonal skills, good writing and verbal communication ability as well as excellent knowledge and experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The candidate should be a team player, display an ability to multi-task and possess a keen attention to detail.
The Herald Group is a full-service public affairs firm in Washington, D.C., that provides strategic communications counsel to major corporations, trade associations and other organizations seeking to advance a policy position or raise awareness in Washington, D.C., or in state capitals. It is a fast-paced, energetic work environment, and interns will interact with senior staff, including partners.
The intern will support client account teams in delivering high-quality strategic communications services to our clients. The ideal candidate will be available to work part-time from January to May 2022.
- Current undergraduate student with an interest in communications and/or public affairs, as well as an interest in politics and policy
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong research skills
- Team-oriented and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, willing to work through competing deadlines
- Self-starter who will seek out opportunities to assist team members
Prior Experience Should Include:
- Media list development
- Daily and ad hoc media clip reporting
- Internet research
- Administrative projects/tasks
- Media pitching
- Social media post drafting
- Press release drafting
- This is a paid internship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and may be asked to submit a writing sample or complete a writing test. EOE M/F/V/D