The Herald Group is looking for a highly motivated, career-oriented individual with experience in issue advocacy, public affairs and strategic communications. Director level candidates will be responsible for the strategic development and day-to-day execution of client team activities, as well as interfacing with and managing client contacts to fully execute on account programs.
Director candidates should be team players and able to handle multiple tasks and accounts at the same time. Significant experience in media relations, content generation and strategy development as they relate to public policies preferred.
The Herald Group is a full service, bipartisan public affairs firm based in Washington, D.C., that provides strategic communications services to major corporations, trade associations and other organizations seeking to advance public policy positions in federal, state and international legislative and regulatory arenas. We provide a fast-paced, energetic work environment. This is a full time, paid position.
- 5-9 years of communications experience. PR agency or public policy communications experience preferred
- Ability to recommend and initiate work and projects with minimal direction
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – takes initiative, gets things moving and keeps them on track
- Good interpersonal skills, works effectively in a team environment, can negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients using appropriate verbal and written communications skills
- A collaborative team member, with the ability to meet deadlines while managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to write clearly and concisely on short deadlines while varying writing styles to target audiences
- Understanding of and experience working with traditional and digital news media, with demonstrated skill at pitching and placing stories in a variety of media outlets
- Experience drafting content for clients, including internal memos, press releases, op-eds and blog posts
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Work may include, and is not limited to, any or all of the following:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communications programs
- Oversee the day-to-day management of client programs and client relationships, including media monitoring, issue research, project updates and internal team management
- Serve as primary contact and lead for certain client projects
- Build relationships and position self and firm as a strategic partner with clients, colleagues and relevant external audiences
- Manage and coach junior staff on accounts
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content, including traditional media correspondence, op-eds, letters to the editor, strategy memos and plans, as well as writing for social media and the web
- Develop client proposals and media materials in collaboration with client leads, including plans, presentations, reports and communications documents
- Assist leadership with development of new business proposals and presentations
- Contribute strategic and creative program ideas for client campaigns
The Herald Group presents unique opportunities for advancement of innovative professionals seeking to excel in a growing, fast-paced environment. For more information on The Herald Group please visit our website at www.theheraldgroup.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com, and may be asked to submit a writing sample or complete a writing test.