Job Description: Director of Alliance Development
The Herald Group is recruiting a highly motivated, career-oriented individual with strong knowledge of issue advocacy, public affairs and strategic communications to lead the firm’s alliance development practice. Whether to further validate the organization’s position or to give critical mass from an advocacy standpoint, a bench of aligned third-party champions with shared policy interests at the national and state level can create an echo chamber to better position a client’s needs on specific legislative, legal, and regulatory debates.
The ideal candidate should possess strong relationships with varying advocacy organizations, think tanks and industry associations. Thorough knowledge of third-party organization policy positions and operations also is required. Responsibilities include executing day to day engagements including relationship building and management, content development, issues research, and strategic insight into third-party activities.
Excellent interpersonal skills as well as exceptional writing and verbal communication ability is critical for this firm-wide role. Director candidates should be team players and able to handle multiple tasks and accounts at the same time. Strategy development as it relates to public policy is required. This position has at least one direct report, as well as with engagements with all staff and clients.
Assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Develop client strategies for third party operations and serve as counsel on all third-party activities
- Represent THG before individual and multi-party groups (weekly meetings, events, general networking, etc.)
- Regular monitoring and reporting of third-party activities, research, commentary and priority issues
- Inform staff regularly via email about any outreach or upcoming meetings with third-party groups
- Regularly attend meetings and events to create opportunities for existing and future clients, as well as maintain close third-party relationships
- Identify and develop internal strategies to better leverage third parties for current and prospective clients
- Initiate relationships and manage workflow between THG account leads and third parties
- 5-10 years of communications or external affairs experience in a think tank, advocacy, Congressional or public affairs firm setting
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with free market organizations is strongly preferred
- Strong research skills
- Confident and mature with the ability to network and speak with senior leadership
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Team-oriented with positive attitude
- Ability to write clearly and concisely on short deadlines while varying writing styles to target audiences
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track
The Herald Group presents unique opportunities for advancement of innovative professionals seeking to excel in a growing, fast-paced environment. For more information on The Herald Group please visit our website at www.theheraldgroup.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com, and may be asked to submit a writing sample or complete a writing test.