Job Description: Vice President
The Herald Group is currently conducting a candidate search for a highly motivated, career-oriented individual with senior-level experience in issue advocacy, public affairs and strategic communications to serve as Vice President of Public Affairs. The successful candidate will have agency or significant communications experience and possess a strong background in public policy issues. Heavy focus will be on client management and providing strategic direction and guidance to clients to fully execute on account objectives.
Prospective candidates should possess a campaign mentality and have significant experience in managing teams to achieve shared goals on behalf of clients.
The Herald Group is a full service, bipartisan public affairs firm based in Washington, D.C., that provides strategic communications services to major corporations, trade associations and other organizations seeking to advance public policy positions in federal, state and international legislative and regulatory arenas. We provide a fast-paced, energetic work environment. This is a full time, paid position.
• 9 plus years of experience in public affairs, policy communications, grassroots, issue advocacy, political campaigns; agency experience a plus.
• Solid understanding of public relations and marketing principles, as well as strategic planning and implementation.
• Proven client relations skills with ability to anticipate client needs and quickly solve problems, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Exceptional verbal communications and writing skills, with the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines.
• Experience with successful management of public relations or public affairs activities for multiple clients while keeping team members focused and motivated to generate the best results for the client.
• Outstanding, proactive, detail-oriented project management skills. Ideal candidate will have managed the implementation of complex, integrated advocacy campaigns. This includes account management, budgeting and organizational skills.
• Comfortable focusing on the details, playing an active role in day-to-day account management duties per account(s).
• Ability to manage crises, implement creative and innovative solutions, and demonstrate “big picture” thinking is a must.
Work may include, and is not limited to, any or all of the following:
• Drive strategic direction of clients’ accounts and campaigns.
• Plan and direct integrated, issues management communications programs to include public affairs, earned and social media, grassroots/grasstops strategy, design and production for advertising, direct marketing and collateral materials.
• Manage and motivate dedicated account staff.
• Foster client-agency relationship to build trust and become a valuable resource to clients specifically and the firm generally.
• Continually build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business, competitive and political environment; apply this information in presenting strategically focused public affairs strategies and recommendations.
• Engage in new business opportunities and other firm-wide initiatives as needed.
• Complete understanding of key media arenas within particular issues/industries; high awareness of current events.
• Effectively develop or edit full range of written materials including press releases, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence, white papers, reports and new business proposals; superior writing and editing skills for all agency- and client-generated documents; write and manage a variety of high level documents for a variety of audiences.
• Take advantage of internal and external networking opportunities to enhance professional development and agency/office visibility.
• Other duties as needed.
The Herald Group presents unique opportunities for advancement of innovative professionals seeking to excel in a growing, fast-paced environment. For more information on The Herald Group please visit our website at www.theheraldgroup.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.