Manager, Strategic Alliances
The Herald Group is seeking a highly motivated, career-oriented individual with strong knowledge of issue advocacy, public affairs and strategic communications through third party engagement and management. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills, an affinity for networking, and strong writing and verbal communications abilities. Manager candidates should be team players and able to handle multiple tasks and accounts concurrently. Strategy development as it relates to third party engagement and activation is required.
Whether to validate an organization’s position or to give critical mass to an advocacy objective, a bench of external, third party influencers with shared policy priorities at the national and state levels can create an echo chamber of aligned messaging to better position a client on specific legislative, legal, and regulatory debates. The Manager, Strategic Alliances is responsible for helping plan and execute the firm’s alliance development operation and serves as an internal third party expert.
Strong existing relationships with third parties in the advocacy, think tank, and academic spheres of influence is a plus, as well as general knowledge of the policy priorities of third major party groups. Responsibilities include executing day to day engagements, relationship-building and management, content development, issues research, providing strategic insight into third party activities, and managing third party deliverables. Willingness and desire to attend third party networking events (policy panels, dinners, receptions, etc) strongly preferred.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain close third-party relationships.
- Develop client strategies for third party operations and serve as counsel on all third party activities.
- Represent THG before individual and multi-party groups (weekly meetings, events, general networking, etc.).
- Regular monitoring and reporting of third party activities, research, commentary and priority issues.
- Keeping relevant THG staff informed about pertinent outreach or upcoming meetings with third-party groups.
- Regularly attend third party meetings and events.
- Identify third party engagement and partnership opportunities for existing and future clients.
- Identify and develop internal strategies to better leverage third parties for current and prospective clients
- Manage workflow between THG account leads and third parties.
- 3-5 years of public affairs or communications experience in a third party, think tank, advocacy, trade association, or Congressional setting.
- Familiarity with leading free market third party organizations is preferred.
- Strong research skills.
- Confidence and maturity with the ability to network and speak with senior leadership.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail.
- Team-oriented with positive attitude.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely on short deadlines.
- The knowledge and ability to tailor messaging to specific audiences in ways that will resonate.
- Energetic self-starter and resourceful problem solver; gets things moving and keeps them on track to completion.
The Herald Group presents unique opportunities for advancement of innovative professionals seeking to excel in a growing, fast-paced environment. For more information on The Herald Group please visit our website at www.theheraldgroup.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com, and may be asked to submit a writing sample or complete a writing test.