The Herald Group is looking for a highly motivated, career-oriented individual with strong knowledge of marketing strategy for professional service agencies. The manager will spearhead the development of an integrated marketing program, with the goal of raising the profile of the firm and ultimately attracting new business opportunities as a result. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills as well as exceptional writing and verbal communication ability. Candidates should be team players and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently. In this role, the manager would lead our efforts to market the firm and also serve as a business development proposal process leader. This person will create a robust and consistent marketing program intended to improve and streamline the BD process and result in lead generation. The candidate will leverage existing assets and strengths of the firm, while developing longer strategic initiatives (e.g. new industry sets, partnerships, events/sponsorships) They will also bring consistency & organization to our marketing materials, style guides, branding, proposals, etc. Experience in leveraging SEO, earned or paid media, or placing firm-generated thought leader pieces is a plus.
The Herald Group is a full service, bipartisan public affairs firm in Washington, DC, that provides strategic communications counsel to major corporations, trade associations and other organizations seeking to advance public policy positions in federal and state legislative arenas. We provide a fast-paced, energetic work environment, and this position will have daily interaction with senior staff and clients. This is a full time, paid position.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing support of issue advocacy, public affairs, strategic communications, law or lobbying firms.
- Strong understanding of successful marketing and business development strategies for professional services agencies.
- Skilled in preparing sophisticated, thoughtful, and effective marketing strategies.
- History of developing and leading successful, targeted marketing campaigns on behalf of an agency.
- Research skills and reasoning ability to turn information and data into succinct and useful materials for marketing purposes.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office application skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead the firm’s marketing efforts, strategizing and developing a proactive marketing plan to increase the visibility of the firm and its leaders to target audiences, with the goal of resulting in lead generation.
- Research and recommend targeted events and industry conferences for firm participation and/or sponsorship, as well as potential speaking slots and panelist opportunities for firm personnel.
- Maintain a keen understanding of the firm’s expertise and differentiators, as well as the portfolio of services and products that we offer to potential clients.
- Conduct market and prospect research, potential new clients, keep up to date lead lists, and identify emerging industry trends that can inform strategic marketing initiatives.
- Support client development strategies by monitoring news-intelligence sources and conducting research of companies, industries, marketplaces and competitors; develop insights and communicate recommendations and applicable information.
- Design and production of marketing materials, and maintenance of digital and printed marketing collateral.
- Monitor general and industry publications/websites to keep apprised of developments, trends, and promotional opportunities.
- Participate in the development of press releases, brochure copy, articles, blog and social networking posts, and other promotional materials.
The Herald Group presents unique opportunities for advancement of innovative professionals seeking to excel in a growing, fast-paced environment. For more information on The Herald Group please visit our website at www.theheraldgroup.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and may be asked to submit a writing sample or complete a writing test.