Public Affairs Associate/Senior Associate
The Herald Group is looking for a highly motivated, career-oriented individual looking to gain hands on knowledge of public affairs and strategic communications.
The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills, good writing and verbal communication ability, as well as excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media applications. The candidate should be a team player and able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
Experience and/or interest in health care is strongly preferred.
The Herald Group is a full service, bipartisan public affairs firm in Washington, D.C., that provides strategic communications counsel to major corporations, trade associations and other organizations seeking to advance public policy positions in federal and state legislative arenas. We provide a fast-paced, energetic work environment, and this position will have daily interaction with senior staff and clients. This is a full time, paid position.
The associate/senior associate will support client account teams in delivering high-quality strategic communications services. The ideal candidate will assist with the coordination and execution of client projects, as well as some administrative duties.
- 1-3 years of communications experience in a PR agency, corporation, association or as a Congressional press secretary. Public policy communications experience is a plus
- Health care experience or interest is strongly preferred
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong research skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Team-oriented with positive attitude
- Ability to write clearly and concisely on short deadlines while varying writing styles to target audiences
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track
Work may include, and is not limited to, any or all of the following:
- Support client accounts by developing press releases and other content, attending meetings, managing and developing media contacts, conducting research, tracking action items and meeting deadlines
- Write, edit and proofread materials ensuring quality and consistency
- Identify and work with media to pitch stories and build relationships for client and firm
- Use social media tools on a regular basis to amplify and monitor impact of client messages
- Daily and ad hoc media clip reporting to identify opportunities for client engagement
- Demonstrate understanding and implementation of social media tools
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal and pitch preparation
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to client requests or needs
The Herald Group offers an entrepreneurial work environment, opportunities for growth, and a competitive compensation package.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and may be asked to submit a writing sample or complete a writing test.
Salary commensurate with experience.