Public Affairs/Public Policy Communications Intern
The Herald Group is looking for a highly motivated, career oriented individual looking to gain hands on knowledge of public affairs and strategic communications through a paid internship.
The intern should possess excellent interpersonal skills, good writing and verbal communication ability as well as excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The candidate should be a team player and able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
The Herald Group is a boutique public affairs firm in Washington, D.C., that provides strategic communications counsel to major corporations, trade associations and other organizations seeking to advance a policy position or raise awareness in Washington, D.C., or in state capitals. It is a fast-paced, energetic work environment, and interns will have interaction with senior staff, including partners.
The intern will support client account teams in delivering high-quality strategic communications services to our clients. While the role does involve administrative duties, the ideal candidate will assist with the coordination and execution of client projects.
- Current undergraduate student with an interest in communications and/or public affairs, as well as an interest in politics and policy
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong research skills
- Team-oriented and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter who will seek out opportunities to assist team members
Intern work may include, and is not limited to, any or all of the following:
- Media list development
- Daily and ad hoc media clip reporting
- Internet research
- Administrative projects/tasks
- Media pitching
- Press release drafting
- Support of team leaders on activities and projects
How to apply:
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter with a resume to email@example.com, and may be asked to submit a writing sample or complete a writing test.